Wednesday 7 October 2015

Joe Atencia Creates & Inspires

Hello Art Lovers.

It is time, once again, to celebrate local Gold Coast artists and their work. 

Today we will shine the light on a man who embodies the very essence of what it means to be an artist.

Joe Atencia is a creative genius whose art has impressed and inspired people from around the world.

I recently received a letter about Joe’s work from a Dr. Marcus Welby M.D. from Santa Monica, California

“I recently bought a sculpture in your gallery crafted by an artist named Joe Atencia. I took the sculpture home and placed it in a position of importance in the living room so everyone who visited could see it. Everyone who came to visit loved looking at the sculpture and couldn’t resist going on and on about its beauty. My medical partner, Dr. Steven Kiley, remarked that perhaps we should move the sculpture to our practice so the patients could enjoy it. I took the sculpture to work with me that Monday and placed it on a platform I had made especially for it. On Thursday one of my younger patients, a 10 year old girl named Monique, visited me for her annual check-up. She saw the sculpture and fell in love with it. She went home and began to paint the sculpture she fell in love with in my office. Her painting was so well done that her mother took it to a local art school to show the head of the Art Studies program. Everyone at the school was moved by the painting and the upshot is that little Monique received a full scholarship to the Art Institute of California. Thanks to the creative genius of Joe Atencia a child prodigy was discovered.”

Nullius in verba.











No comments:

Post a Comment