Monday 20 July 2015

Questions & Answer Session



Hello Art Lovers.

This week I will be answering a few questions from you, my adoring public.

I have chosen a few questions from the millions and millions of cards, letters and emails that have come pouring in since I announced I would be answering questions last week.

I would like to thank all you art lovers out there for taking such a great interest in me, this blog and the art gallery.

So without further ado I will now answer your questions.

Mr. A. Moto from Japan writes;
 “I have been reading your blog since January and I really enjoy the beautiful artwork that hangs inside the gallery. I am perplexed however with your now iconic sign off phrase ‘nullius in verba’. Can you please tell me what this phrase means?”

Nullius in verba is a Latin phrase meaning "On the word of no one" or "Take nobody's word for it". It is currently the motto for the President, Council, and Fellows of the Royal Society of London for Improving Natural Knowledge. The saying basically means that you should think for yourself and always make sure you have the facts correct. For example if you hear a story in the media, don’t just assume the media has got their facts correct, go out and check them for yourself. It is a motto I live by personally and I think everyone should.

A Mr. Rufus T. Firefly from Hollywood writes;
“Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know.”

Mr. Firefly those are deep and meaningful words and now I will endow you with some wisdom of my own. The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

A Ms. Daphne Blake from Crystal Cove writes:
“The gang and I have read the blog concerning the ghosts that haunt your gallery. We would be happy to come down to the Gold Coast and investigate these hauntings further. The gang is always up for a good mystery.”

This letter was followed up by an email from a Mr. Norville ‘Shaggy’ Rogers, also from Crystal Cove, who writes:
“Zoinks, please don’t encourage Daphne with another far out mystery adventure. We really don’t need anymore mysteries or spooks in our lives.”

Ms. Blake and Mr. Rogers, you will be happy to know that the three ghosts that haunt our gallery are friendly. Furthermore they hold no mystery to us as we have done an in depth article on them and even helped one of the ghosts enter the Next Australian Top Model contest. Thank you for your concern and keep enjoying the weekly art featured in the blog.

We also received a letter from doctors, Egon Spengler, Peter Venkman and Ray Stantz, from New York, concerning some sort of ‘busting’ procedure for our in house ghosts. To these three fine doctors of science I say that we love our in house ghosts and they most definitely do not need any kind of ‘busting’.

Finally a Mr. Rick Blaine from Casablanca writes;
“Delphine and I were friends in another life, during the second world war. She came and saw me in Casablanca last night to tell me that she has fallen in love with Ajax. I just want to congratulate her on her upcoming marriage to Ajax. They are very much in love and belong together. I’m saying this because it’s true. Inside of us, we both know you belong with Ajax. You’re part of his work, the thing that keeps him going. If that plane leaves the ground and you’re not with him, you’ll regret it. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life. We’ll always have Paris. We didn’t have, we, we lost it until you came to Casablanca. We got it back last night. Here’s Looking at you kid.”

Thank you for all your responses, I’m sorry I could not get to them all today.
Perhaps we will have another question and answer session in the future. Until then keep enjoying the art and most important of all, nullius in verba.

No comments:

Post a Comment